Life Lesson, Part 1

Everyone of us has been confident at some point of our life which changed OUR perspective of life; which also changed OTHERS perspective about us. One such incident happened in my life:

There was this one time when I was facing electrical issues with my AC power socket. I noticed that the stabilizer turns off even if the main power switch is in ON position. So, I called my electrician. He came and checked thoroughly, did some wiring changes, demonstrated that it's working and left. I happen to switch it ON the next day and I noticed that the problem was still existing. So, I called the electrician again and our conversation went like this:

Me : Power swtichல இன்னும் பிரச்சனை இருக்கு போல, அண்ணா. வந்து பாக்குறீங்களா? (Looks like the power switch is still a problem, brother. Can you come and have look at it?)

He : அப்டிங்களா, sir? நான் நெர்றே எல்லாம் check பண்ணிட்டேன் Sir. எல்லாம் correctஆ work பண்ணுது. சரி, எதுக்கும் நான் இன்னிக்கி சாயங்காலம் வந்து பாக்குறேன், sir. (Is it, sir? I checked them yesterday, they were working correctly. Alright, I'll come today evening and check them again, sir)

Me : Okay. *hung up*

After sometime I went near the power switch and was like 'இது எங்க work பண்ணப்போகுது? எதுக்கும் போட்டு பாப்போம் (I doubt if this will even work, anyway let's try)' Switched it ON and IT WAS WORKING. I was surprised and checked it couple times (Maybe couple more times, okay?). I was pretty sure that it was giving trouble before the phone call but now it's working. I called him again and told him what just happened.

He: அப்டிங்களா, sir? அதன் எனக்கும் புரியல. Check பண்ணிட்டு தானே வந்தேன் எப்படி work பண்ணலன்னு. சந்தோஷங்க, sir. (Is it, sir? That's what I did not understand. How were they not working even after I confirmed they were. Fine, sir.)

What is my take on this?
How can a person be this confident unless he was honestly sure he completed the job properly?
Given the number of times any electrical issues that occurs in a house (once or twice per 3 months, on an average) what compelled him to be accurate in his work? If not my house he can find more houses to get work, but why? Coz' he values his work.
Am I sure that he'll be giving his 100% every time in subsequent works? Maybe not, but he'll be my go-to person for the next work coz' I'll believe that he completes the work and... is confident and honest too. (Which is a rare combo, now a days)

P.S. I still don't know how the switch began working properly but it hasn't given any trouble yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ray Of Hope

Heights Of Making News

Is India Still Safer For Women??!